We welcome submissions to the following departments: Exercises, Author Profiles, Discussions and We Recommend.
Contributions should be sent to the editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you submit: please familiarise yourself with the individual tone and style of the department to which you are submitting.
*Please note: we do not accept unsolicited short story submissions at this time.*
– length of all articles should be between 750 and 1,500 words; (however, the word count for the annual Competition is 750-2,000 words – please refer to Competition guidelines);
– manuscripts should be double-spaced and left-hand justified;
– paragraphs should not be indented;
– titles of books and journals should be italicised;
– titles of short stories should be enclosed in single quotation marks;
– short extracts of a cited work should be enclosed in single quotation marks;
– extracts longer than three sentences should be single spaced and fully indented to set them apart from the rest of the text;
– dialogue which falls within an extract should be enclosed by double quotation marks;
– citations should be embedded in the text, not in footnotes, and use Harvard Referencing;
– all submissions should be emailed as an attachment to email@example.com, with the word ‘submission’ in the subject line;
– THRESHOLDS reserves the right to edit accepted features before they are published on The Forum.
We respond to all department submissions that we receive, but this can take several weeks at busy times. If in doubt, please do drop us a line to check the progress of your piece.